Things That Are Good for Your Soul, Body and Home

Color Harmony in Home Decoration

Ev Dekorasyonunda Renk Uyumu

We have listed some tips for you to know about how color harmony should be in home decoration. One of the most important issues in decoration is color harmony...

How to Match Color in Home Decoration? I Chappal

We have listed some tips for you to know about how color harmony should be in home decoration . One of the most important issues in decoration is color harmony... Buy the most beautiful furniture; Even if you use the trendiest accessories, you may face a complete fiasco if you do not match the color. That's why we have listed some tips for you in this article to ensure color harmony in decoration. Let's discuss together how color harmony should be in home decoration .

Monochromatic Decoration

If you want a single color to dominate the entire space, you should remember that you do not have to use the same tone of this color everywhere. With monochromatic decoration , it is possible to achieve a wonderful color harmony by using different shades of the same color on different objects in the space. For example; If the color you choose for the living room is red; You can choose red lacquer furniture such as TV unit, sideboard and dining table; For sofa and chair color harmony, you can choose neutral colors such as white or black for both.
You can also include white and red patterns on the carpet; You can create impressive color transitions with light red curtains and burgundy throw pillows. You can also perform similar types of applications on the walls with monochromatic decoration . Or you can use furniture in neutral tones and include different shades of the color you choose in upholstered products. For example; Choosing wooden furniture for table and chair color harmony will be a great advantage.

Analog Colors

There are different colors on the color wheel, which is used as a color harmony table in decoration. Analog colors are called one of every 3 colors lined up side by side on this wheel. For example; such as yellow, green and blue or yellow, orange and red. You can create color combinations in decoration by choosing any of these trilogies. Under this heading, we have given you information about analog colors .

Equilateral Triangles on the Color Wheel and the Power of Contrast

It is possible to create an extremely stylish and striking color harmony by using equilateral triangles on the color wheel and 3 different colors that are equidistant from each other with the power of contrast . You can create a vibrant and original decoration with different triads such as purple, orange and green. You can create eye-catching contrasts in decoration with any duo that is opposite each other on the color wheel. Red and green, yellow and purple, blue and orange... Thus, equilateral triangles on the color wheel and the power of contrast emerge once again.

What Should the Usage Rates of the Colors Selected on the Color Wheel Be?

Although it seems easy to achieve color harmony in decoration by using the method of how the colors selected on the color wheel should be used in proportions , things do not actually end there. The ratio in which you use the colors you choose is of great importance in terms of color harmony. To give you another little tip, you can benefit from the 3 to 7 ratio in contrast applications. You can also use this ratio to highlight the colors you want to be dominant in the space. Or, in monochromatic spaces, you can use different shades of the color you choose in 70% of the space, while allocating the remaining 30% to neutral colors to create a more spacious and pleasing decoration. In this title, we answered the question of what should be the usage ratios of the colors selected on the color wheel .

Ways to Ensure Color Harmony in Decoration

Ways to ensure color harmony in decoration can be explained with a few items. We can list these items as follows:
one. Using flooring in the same color as the wall color.
2. Choosing carpet in the same color as the furniture.
3. Choosing a background curtain in the same color tones as the carpet.
4. Appropriately placing paintings, figurines, vases and other accessories in the same color tones as the throw pillows.
5. If the place to be decorated is a bedroom, choose a carpet or background curtain in the same color tones as the bedspread.
These are some of the basic items that can come to our mind when it comes to ways to ensure color harmony in decoration.

Arrange Accessories and Items in the Same Tone

Arrange accessories and items in the same tone, using items of the same color and tone. If you have light-colored flooring, instead of using light-colored furniture, choose dark colors instead of using light-colored furniture, use accessories such as pillows, paintings, vases, floor lamps and flowers, and arrange these accessories and items in the same tone.